Thinking of buying of your first Campervan these are some of the questions you need to ask yourself.
- How many miles do you think you will do?
- How many nights will I realistically have time to stay away?
- Will the Campervan add value to my life?
- Why do I need a Campervan?
- Who will be coming away on the trips?
- Do I want to just see what it is like living with a van before spending more.
The approach that I took was to purchase a VW 06 plate transporter with 132000 miles on the clock. It was a former works vehicle van so had a full service history.
I did consider spending more on the van to have a nicer spec and increased reliability. VW’s apart from the usual maintenance it worked out cheaper than buying a newer one with less miles. I will go into the reasons for purchasing and costs of owning mine in a later blogs.
Since I purchased my VW as a second vehicle. I have averaged 5000 miles a year. With around of 15 nights each year which has steadily grown.
The key question to ask is if this is not your first vehicle and you will only be using the van on weekends then need to consider how much you should be spending on your van.